Are you experiencing issues with your Garmin Forerunner 35 and need to reset it? Resetting your Garmin device can often resolve various software glitches and restore it to its default settings.
Here, we’ll guide you through the process of How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 35, ensuring that you can start using it again without any hassles.
How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 35
If you are wondering to know the complete process of Resetting your Garmin watch then you are at the right place. Resetting the device can help fix software glitches, unresponsive screens, or general performance problems.
Reasons to Reset Garmin Forerunner 35
There are several reasons why you might want to reset your Garmin Forerunner 35 –
- Unresponsive device – If your Forerunner 35 freezes or becomes unresponsive, a reset can often resolve the issue.
- Software glitches – Resetting can help fix any software glitches or bugs that may be affecting the performance of your device.
- Forgotten settings – If you want to start fresh with the default settings, a reset will revert your device back to its original state.
- Update issues – Sometimes, updating the firmware on your Forerunner 35 can cause problems. A reset can help resolve those issues.
Keep in Mind Before Resetting
Before proceeding with the reset process, it’s important to keep the following precautions in mind –
- Backup your data – Resetting your Garmin Forerunner 35 will erase all data stored on the device. Ensure that you have backed up any important data or workout history.
- Charge your device – Make sure your Forerunner 35 has sufficient battery charge before attempting a reset. Low battery levels may interrupt the reset process.
- Remove external accessories – If you have any external accessories, such as heart rate monitors or foot pods, it’s advisable to disconnect them before resetting the device.
Soft Reset Garmin Watch
A soft reset is the first troubleshooting step you should try if you encounter minor issues with your Garmin Forerunner 35.
Follow these steps to perform a soft reset:
- Press and hold the light button on the left side of the device.
- Continue holding the light button until the device turns off and restarts.
A soft reset usually takes care of temporary issues and does not erase any data on your device.
Also Read: Change Watch Face on Garmin Forerunner
How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 35
If a soft reset doesn’t resolve the problem, you can perform a hard reset. A hard reset will restore your Garmin Forerunner 35 to its factory settings. Here’s how you can do it –
- Power off your device by pressing and holding the light button.
- Once the device is off, press and hold the bottom right button (lap/reset).
- While holding the lap/reset button, press and release the light button.
- Continue holding the lap/reset button until you see a prompt asking if you want to erase all user data.
At this point, you can release the lap/reset button and select “Yes” to confirm the reset. The device will restart and erase all user data.
If you’re still experiencing issues with your Garmin Forerunner 35 after resetting and updating the firmware.
Here are a few troubleshooting tips –
- Clear cache – In the settings menu of your device, you can find an option to clear the cache. Clearing the cache can help resolve certain software-related issues.
- Contact Garmin Support – If the problem persists, it’s advisable to reach out to Garmin’s customer support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting steps based on your situation.
Also Read: Garmin Forerunner 35 Heart Rate Accuracy
This article is all about How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 35. Resetting your Garmin Forerunner 35 can be an effective way to resolve software glitches and restore your device to its default settings. Whether you encounter an unresponsive device or want to start fresh. Remember to back up your data, charge your device, and follow the precautions before initiating a reset.
I hope this article was helpful to you and if you still find any queries then you may ask in the comment box. For more information visit the Help and Support Page.
FAQ’s How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 35
How do I reset my Garmin Forerunner 35?
To reset your Garmin Forerunner 35, press and hold the light button and the bottom right button simultaneously. Keep holding until the device powers off and restarts.
What happens when I reset my Garmin Forerunner 35?
Resetting your Garmin Forerunner 35 will restore it to its factory default settings. This erases all user data, including activity history, personal settings, and preferences.
Will resetting my Garmin Forerunner 35 delete my activity data?
Yes, resetting your Garmin Forerunner 35 will delete all activity data, including saved workouts, personal records, and activity history. It is recommended to sync your device with Garmin Connect to back up your data before performing a reset.
How long does it take to reset Garmin Forerunner 35?
The reset process on Garmin Forerunner 35 usually takes a few seconds. The device will power off and then restart with the default settings.
Why would I need to reset my Garmin Forerunner 35?
You may need to reset your Garmin Forerunner 35 to troubleshoot issues, fix software glitches, or prepare the device for a new user.
Does resetting my Garmin Forerunner 35 remove software updates?
No, resetting your Garmin Forerunner 35 does not remove software updates. The device will retain the latest software version even after the reset.
Can I reset my Garmin Forerunner 35 using the Garmin Connect app?
No, the reset process for Garmin Forerunner 35 cannot be initiated through the Garmin Connect app. You need to use the physical buttons on the device to perform a reset.
Will resetting my Garmin Forerunner 35 remove my personal settings?
Yes, resetting your Garmin Forerunner 35 will remove all personal settings, including watch faces, data fields, and customized settings. You’ll need to set up your preferences again after the reset.
What precautions should I take before resetting my Garmin Forerunner 35?
Before resetting your Garmin Forerunner 35, it’s recommended to sync your device with Garmin Connect to back up your data. This will allow you to restore your activity history and settings after the reset.
Is it possible to undo a reset on my Garmin Forerunner 35?
No, once you have performed a reset on your Garmin Forerunner 35, it cannot be undone. Ensure that you have backed up any important data before proceeding with the reset.