Fitbit Alta is a popular fitness tracker known for its sleek design and functionality. However, like any electronic device, it may encounter issues from time to time. One common problem users face is their Fitbit Alta not turning on. If you’re experiencing this issue, don’t worry.
This article will guide you through troubleshooting steps if your Fitbit Alta Not Turning On and get your Fitbit Alta up and running again.
Fitbit Alta Not Turning On
If you are wondering to know why your Fitbit Alta is not turning on then you have come to the right place. Here, we’ve shared detailed information.
Reasons for Fitbit Alta not Turning On
It’s essential to understand the potential reasons behind your Fitbit Alta not turning on –
- Low Battery – The most common reason for this issue is a depleted battery. Your Fitbit Alta may need a charge.
- Charging Cable or Port Issues – If the charging cable or port is damaged, it can prevent your device from charging properly.
- Software Glitch – Sometimes, a software glitch can cause the device to freeze or become unresponsive.
- Water Damage – Exposure to moisture or water can damage the internal components and prevent the device from turning on.
Solutions to Fix the Issue of Fitbit Alta not Turning On
Here are some 3 solutions given below to fix the issues –
- Charge Your Fitbit Alta –
- Connect your Fitbit Alta to its charging cable and plug it into a USB port or a wall charger.
- Ensure the pins on the charger and the device align properly.
- Leave it to charge for at least an hour, even if the screen remains blank.
- Check the Charging Cable and Port –
- Inspect the charging cable for any visible damage. If you see any frayed wires or bent connectors, replace the cable.
- Ensure that the USB port you’re using to charge the device is functioning correctly.
- Perform a Hard Reset –
- Plug your Alta into the charger.
- While it’s charging, press and hold the button on the side for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo.
- Look for Signs of Water Damage –
- If your Fitbit Alta has been exposed to water, it may be damaged. Check for any signs of moisture inside the device.
- If you suspect water damage, contact Fitbit support for further assistance.
To avoid encountering this issue in the future, consider these preventive measures –
- Regularly clean and dry your Fitbit Alta, especially if you sweat during workouts.
- Avoid exposing it to excessive moisture.
- Charge your Fitbit Alta before it completely runs out of battery to prolong its lifespan.
Also Read: Reset Fitbit Alta
This article is all about Fitbit Alta Not Turning On. A Fitbit Alta not turning on can be a frustrating experience, but with the right troubleshooting steps, you can often resolve the issue. By taking care of your device and following these guidelines, you can enjoy seamless tracking of your fitness journey once again.
I hope this article was helpful to you and if you still find any queries then you may ask in the comment box. For more information visit the Help and Support Page.
FAQ’s Fitbit Alta Not Turning On
My Fitbit Alta won’t turn on. What should I do first?
The first thing to check is the battery. Connect your Fitbit Alta to its charger and leave it for at least an hour. If it still doesn’t turn on, proceed with troubleshooting steps.
What if my Fitbit Alta has water damage?
Water damage can cause your Fitbit Alta to malfunction. If you suspect water damage, contact Fitbit support immediately. They can provide guidance on the next steps or offer repair options.
Can I use a different charger for my Fitbit Alta?
It’s recommended to use the official Fitbit charger provided with your device. Using third-party chargers may not provide the correct voltage and could damage your Fitbit Alta.
Can I replace the battery in my Fitbit Alta myself?
Fitbit Alta’s battery is not designed to be user-replaceable. Attempting to replace the battery yourself may void your warranty and damage the device.
Fitbit Alta not turning on after charging, What to do?
Ensure that the charging cable is correctly aligned with the charging port on your Fitbit Alta. Sometimes, a poor connection can prevent charging.