The Fitbit Charge 3 has made a significant impact with its array of features designed to help users track their activity levels and overall health.
One question that often arises among potential users is, “Is Fitbit Charge 3 waterproof?” So, we’ve shared detailed information in this article.
Is Fitbit Charge 3 Waterproof
If you are wondering to know about the Waterproof and water-resistant features of Fitbit Charge 3 then you have come to the right place. Here, we’ve shared complete information.
Water Resistance Ratings for Smartwatches
Some of the common water resistance ratings applicable to smartwatches –
- 5 ATM Rating – The 5 ATM water resistance rating is among the most commonly encountered for smartwatches. Essentially, it signifies the watch’s ability to endure water pressure equivalent to a depth of up to 50 meters. This level of water resistance renders the watch well-suited for activities such as swimming, showering, and even routine handwashing.
- 10 ATM Rating – Smartwatches boasting a 10 ATM water resistance rating are built to withstand water pressure of up to 100 meters. This makes them particularly ideal companions for water-centric sports like surfing, snorkeling, and engaging in recreational diving endeavors.
- 20 ATM Rating – For those with a penchant for underwater exploration, watches carrying a 20 ATM water resistance rating are the go-to choice. Tailored with professional divers in mind, these watches can endure water pressure of up to 200 meters, thereby assuring their robustness even in the depths of deep-sea diving expeditions.
- IP68 Rating – The IP68 rating serves as a widely recognized standard in the realm of smartwatches. It signifies a commendable level of both dust tightness and water resistance. When a smartwatch bears this rating, it signifies its capability to withstand submersion in water beyond a depth of 1 meter, which translates to approximately 3.3 feet, for a specified duration.
Fitbit Charge 3 Water-Resistant Rating
The Fitbit Charge 3 comes with a water-resistant rating of 5 ATM (atmospheres), which translates to a depth of approximately 50 meters or 164 feet. This rating indicates that the device is designed to withstand water exposure while swimming in shallow waters, showering, or engaging in other water-based activities.
It’s important to note that the water-resistant rating is based on static conditions, meaning that activities involving high-velocity water or extreme pressure could still pose a risk to the device’s water resistance.
Activities You Can Enjoy with Fitbit Charge 3
The Fitbit Charge 3 allows users to participate in a range of water-related activities without worry –
- Swimming – The Fitbit Charge 3 is suitable for swimming in pools or calm waters. Whether you’re doing laps or enjoying a leisurely swim, the device can track your activity and provide valuable insights.
- Showering – You can wear the Fitbit Charge 3 while showering without any concerns. Its water-resistant construction ensures it can handle the splashes and humidity encountered in a typical shower.
- Rainy Weather – The Fitbit Charge 3 is a reliable companion for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy activities like jogging or hiking, even in wet weather.
- Everyday Wear – With its water-resistant features, you can wear the Fitbit Charge 3 throughout your daily routine without worrying about accidental water exposure.
Activities to Avoid with Fitbit Charge 3
Here are activities you should approach with caution –
- Diving – The Fitbit Charge 3’s water-resistant rating is not suitable for deep-sea diving or high-pressure water activities. Submerging the device beyond its rated depth could compromise its water resistance.
- Hot Tubs and Saunas – Prolonged exposure to hot water, such as in hot tubs or saunas, can impact the adhesive that seals the device, potentially affecting its water resistance.
- High-Velocity Water Activities – Activities like water skiing or jet skiing involve forceful water impacts that may exceed the device’s water-resistant capabilities.
Tips for Your Fitbit Charge 3
To ensure your Fitbit Charge 3 remains water-resistant and functional, it’s essential to follow these care tips –
- Rinse After Water Exposure – After any water-related activity, rinse your Fitbit Charge 3 with clean, fresh water to remove any chlorine, salt, or impurities that could affect its integrity.
- Regularly Check Seals and Adhesives – Inspect the device’s seals and adhesives for any signs of wear or damage. If you notice any issues, consider getting the device serviced.
- Avoid Sudden Temperature Changes – Rapid temperature changes, such as moving from a cold environment to a hot sauna, can affect the device’s water resistance.
Also Read: Oura Ring vs Fitbit
This article is all about Is Fitbit Charge 3 Waterproof? The Fitbit Charge 3 boasts a water-resistant rating of 5 ATM, making it a reliable companion for various water-related activities, including swimming and showering. While it can handle everyday exposures, users should exercise caution during high-velocity water activities and avoid prolonged exposure to extreme conditions.
I hope this article was helpful to you and if you still find any queries then you may ask in the comment box. For more information visit the Help and Support Page.
FAQ’s Is Fitbit Charge 3 Waterproof
Is the Fitbit Charge 3 waterproof?
The Fitbit Charge 3 is water-resistant, with a rating of 5 ATM. It can handle water exposure during activities like swimming and showering.
Can I wear my Fitbit Charge 3 while swimming?
Yes, you can wear the Fitbit Charge 3 while swimming in pools or calm waters. Its water-resistant design allows it to withstand water exposure up to a depth of 50 meters.
Is it safe to wear the Fitbit Charge 3 in the shower?
Yes, it is safe to wear the Fitbit Charge 3 in the shower. Its water-resistant construction can handle the moisture and splashes typically encountered in a shower.
Can I wear the Fitbit Charge 3 while snorkeling or diving?
While the Fitbit Charge 3 is water-resistant, it is not suitable for deep-sea diving or snorkeling activities. Submerging the device beyond its rated depth could compromise its water resistance.
What should I do if my Fitbit Charge 3 gets wet?
If your Fitbit Charge 3 gets wet, gently rinse it with clean, fresh water to remove any chlorine, salt, or impurities.
What precautions should I take to maintain the water resistance of my Fitbit Charge 3?
To maintain water resistance, rinse the device after water exposure, regularly check seals and adhesives for damage, and avoid sudden temperature changes.