Apple Watch is one of the most popular smartwatches on the market, with its sleek design and advanced features. However, users may experience problems with the touch screen, which is a common issue that can cause frustration.
Here, we will explore why the touch screen on the Apple Watch Touch Screen Not Working and what steps you can take to resolve the issue.
Apple Watch Touch Screen Not Working
If you are wondering about the reason why the touch screen of the Apple Watch is not working then you are at the right place. Here, we’ve shared detailed information.
Reasons Behind Apple Watch Touch Screen Not Working
There are various reasons why the touch screen on an Apple Watch may stop working. Some of the most common reasons include –
- Water Damage – The Apple Watch is water-resistant, but it is not waterproof. If the device comes into contact with water or any other liquid, it can damage the touch screen and other components, resulting in the touch screen not working correctly.
- Physical Damage – If the Apple Watch is dropped or subjected to impact, it can cause physical damage to the device, which can result in the touch screen not working.
- Software Issues – Sometimes, the touch screen issue can be due to software problems, such as a corrupted operating system, a bug, or a glitch. This can cause the touch screen to stop working, or it may become unresponsive.
- Battery Issues – If the battery on the Apple Watch is low, it can cause the touch screen to become unresponsive or stop working altogether.
- Outdated Operating System – If the operating system on the Apple Watch is outdated, it can cause problems with the touch screen. This can be fixed by updating the operating system to the latest version.
Ways to Fix Apple Watch Touch Screen Not Working
Here are some ways to fix the touchscreen issue on an Apple Watch –
- Restart the Apple Watch – Sometimes, restarting the Apple Watch can fix the touchscreen issue. To restart the device, press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears. Then, drag the slider to turn off the device. After a few seconds, press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears.
- Remove Any Water – If the Apple Watch has come into contact with water or any other liquid, it is essential to dry the device thoroughly. Wipe the screen and the back of the watch with a soft, dry cloth, and leave it to air dry for a few hours. Avoid using a hairdryer or any other heat source to dry the device, as this can cause further damage.
- Update the Operating System – If the operating system on the Apple Watch is outdated, updating it to the latest version can fix any issues with the touch screen. To update the operating system, connect the Apple Watch to the charger, and ensure that it is connected to Wi-Fi. Then, open the Watch App on the iPhone and go to General > Software Update. If an update is available, click on Download and Install
- Reset the Apple Watch – If none of the above methods works, resetting the Apple Watch to its factory settings can fix the touchscreen issue.
Also Read: Steps to Silence your Apple Watch
Apple Watch Touch Screen Not Working After Swimming
If your Apple Watch touchscreen is not working after swimming, it’s possible that water has entered the watch and caused damage to its components. Apple Watch is water-resistant but not waterproof, which means it can withstand some exposure to water but not prolonged submersion.
To fix the issue, you can try the following steps –
- Remove the watch from your wrist and turn it off – It’s important to turn off the watch to prevent any further damage from occurring.
- Dry the watch – Use a soft, lint-free cloth to dry the watch and remove any excess water. Pay particular attention to the speaker, microphone, and the area around the digital crown and side button.
- Place the watch on a dry surface – Lay the watch on a towel or other absorbent surface and let it air dry for several hours. Do not use a hairdryer, as the heat could cause further damage to the watch.
- Restart the watch – After the watch has dried completely, turn it back on and check if the touch screen is working.
How much does it cost to repair an Apple Watch touchscreen?
The cost of repairing an Apple Watch touchscreen depends on the extent of the damage and whether or not the watch is still under warranty. You can contact Apple support to get a quote for the repair.
This article is all about Apple Watch Touch Screen Not Working. I hope this article will help you to solve the problem of the swipe not working. If you still have any queries then you may ask in the comment box.
I hope this article will help you to fix the issue related to the touch screen of your Apple Watch. If you still have any queries, you may ask in the comment box or read more on Apple Watch Support.
FAQ’s Apple Watch Touch Screen Not Working
Why isn’t my Apple Watch touchscreen responding?
There could be several reasons why the touch screen on your Apple Watch is not responding. It could be due to software issues, physical damage, water damage, or battery issues.
What should I do if my Apple Watch touchscreen stops working?
You can try restarting the watch, updating the software, checking for water damage, checking the battery life, and performing a hard reset. If none of these solutions work, contact Apple support for assistance.
Can I swim with my Apple Watch?
Apple Watch is water-resistant but not waterproof, which means it can withstand some exposure to water but not prolonged submersion. It’s not recommended to swim with your Apple Watch.
How can I prevent my Apple Watch from getting water damage?
To prevent water damage, avoid swimming or submerging your Apple Watch in water, rinse it with fresh water after exposure to saltwater or chlorinated water, and make sure the watch is dry before charging it.
How long should I let my Apple Watch dry after exposure to water?
It’s recommended to let your Apple Watch air dry for at least several hours after exposure to water. Do not use a hairdryer, as the heat could cause further damage to the watch.
Can I fix the water damage to my Apple Watch touchscreen?
If your Apple Watch touchscreen has been damaged by water, it may be difficult to fix. You can try drying the watch and restarting it, but if the issue persists, it’s best to contact Apple support for assistance.