The Fitbit Versa 2 is a popular smartwatch known for its extensive fitness-tracking capabilities. One common question among users is whether the Fitbit Versa 2 is waterproof and suitable for swimming activities.
Here, we will address this question Is Fitbit Versa 2 Waterproof for Swimming and provide you with all the information you need to know about the water resistance of the Fitbit Versa 2.
Is Fitbit Versa 2 Waterproof for Swimming
We will explore Fitbit‘s capabilities in water, discuss its water resistance ratings, and offer tips on how to ensure its optimal performance during swimming activities. Whether you’re an avid swimmer or someone who enjoys water-based workouts.
Water Resistance Ratings for Smartwatch
Let’s understand first, some of the most common water resistance ratings for smartwatches –
- 5 ATM – This is the most common water resistance rating for smartwatches. It means that the watch can withstand water pressure up to 50 meters. This is sufficient for swimming, showering, and washing your hands.
- 10 ATM – This water resistance rating is suitable for water sports such as surfing, snorkeling, and diving. Watches with this rating can withstand water pressure up to 100 meters.
- 20 ATM – This water resistance rating is designed for professional divers. Watches with this rating can withstand water pressure up to 200 meters.
- IP68 – The IP68 rating is one of the most common water resistance ratings used for smartwatches. It signifies that a smartwatch with this rating is dust-tight and can withstand continuous immersion in water beyond 1 meter (approximately 3.3 feet) for a specified duration.
Fitbit Versa 2 Water Resistance Features
Here are the key water resistance features of the Fitbit Versa 2 –
- Water Resistance Rating – The Fitbit Versa 2 has a water resistance rating of 5 ATM, which means it can withstand water pressure equivalent to a depth of 50 meters (approximately 164 feet). This rating indicates that it is suitable for swimming and can handle splashes, showers, and shallow-water activities.
- Swim Tracking – The Fitbit Versa 2 offers swim tracking capabilities, allowing you to track your swim workouts and monitor key metrics such as laps, duration, and calories burned. It can automatically detect different swim stroke types and provide detailed insights into your swim performance.
- Waterproof Construction – The Fitbit Versa 2 is built with a waterproof construction that protects it from water damage. The internal components are sealed to prevent water from entering the device, ensuring its durability and performance in wet conditions.
- Water Lock Mode – The Fitbit Versa 2 features a Water Lock mode that can be activated before swimming or engaging in water activities. This mode prevents accidental touches on the screen by disabling the touch functionality, ensuring uninterrupted tracking and preventing water-induced actions.
Also Read: Change Time on Fitbit without App
Is Fitbit Versa 2 Waterproof for Swimming?
Yes, the Fitbit Versa 2 is water-resistant and suitable for swimming. It has a water resistance rating of 5 ATM, which means it can withstand water pressure equivalent to a depth of 50 meters (approximately 164 feet). You can wear it while swimming or engaging in other water-related activities without worrying about water damage.
Precautions for Using Fitbit Versa 2 in Water
It’s important to keep the following precautions in mind when using it in water –
- Rinse with fresh water after swimming – After swimming in saltwater or chlorinated pools, rinse your Fitbit Versa 2 with fresh water to remove any residue that may affect its performance or durability.
- Avoid hot water – The Fitbit Versa 2 is designed to withstand regular water activities, but it’s not recommended to expose it to hot water such as hot showers, saunas, or hot tubs. High temperatures can damage the device.
- Secure the band properly – Make sure the band is securely fastened to your wrist to prevent the Fitbit Versa 2 from accidentally coming off while swimming or in water.
- Limit deep-water diving – While the Fitbit Versa 2 has a water resistance rating suitable for swimming, it is not recommended for deep-water diving or activities involving high water pressure.
- Check for damage or wear – Regularly inspect your Fitbit Versa 2 for any signs of damage or wear, especially around the charging ports or sensors. If you notice any issues, contact Fitbit support for assistance.
Also Read: How to Change Time on Fitbit
Tips for Maintaining Water Resistance
To maintain the water resistance of your smartwatch, including the Fitbit Versa 2, consider the following tips –
- Avoid extreme temperatures – While water-resistant, exposure to extreme temperatures can still affect the performance of your smartwatch. Avoid exposing it to excessive heat, such as hot showers, saunas, or direct sunlight for extended periods.
- Regularly check seals and gaskets – Inspect the seals and gaskets of your smartwatch to ensure they are intact and free from debris or damage. These components help maintain the water resistance, so if you notice any issues, consider contacting the manufacturer for support or servicing.
- Don’t press buttons underwater – While some smartwatches allow button usage underwater, it’s generally recommended to avoid pressing buttons or using other functions that may compromise the water resistance. It’s best to check the user manual for specific instructions regarding button usage.
- Avoid deep diving – If your smartwatch has a specific water resistance rating, adhere to the recommended depth limits. Deep diving or excessive water pressure beyond the rated limit may lead to water ingress and damage.
- Use a screen protector – Consider applying a screen protector to your smartwatch’s display to provide an additional layer of protection against scratches or potential water damage.
This article is all about Is Fitbit Versa 2 Waterproof for Swimming? the Fitbit Versa 2 is water-resistant up to 50 meters, which makes it suitable for swimming and water-based activities. It offers swim tracking features and can be worn in the shower. However, it is not suitable for diving or snorkeling. It’s important to follow the recommended precautions and care for your Fitbit Versa 2 to maintain its water resistance and ensure its longevity.
I hope this article was helpful to you and if you still find any queries then you may ask in the comment box. For more information visit the Help and Support Page.
FAQ’s Fitbit Versa 2 Waterproof for Swimming
Is Fitbit Versa 2 Waterproof for Swimming?
Yes, the Fitbit Versa 2 is water-resistant up to 50 meters, making it suitable for swimming and water-based activities.
Can I track my swimming workouts with the Fitbit Versa 2?
Yes, the Fitbit Versa 2 has swim tracking features that allow you to track your swimming workouts, including duration, laps, distance, and calories burned.
Can I wear my Fitbit Versa 2 in the shower?
Yes, the Fitbit Versa 2 is water-resistant and can be worn in the shower. However, it’s important to rinse it with fresh water afterward to remove any soap or shampoo residue.
Can I wear my Fitbit Versa 2 while diving or snorkeling?
No, the Fitbit Versa 2 is not suitable for diving or snorkeling as it is only water-resistant up to 50 meters. It is not designed to withstand the pressure at greater depths.
Do I need to activate a special mode on my Fitbit Versa 2 for swimming?
No, the Fitbit Versa 2 automatically recognizes swimming activities and tracks them accordingly. You don’t need to activate a specific mode manually.
How should I care for my Fitbit Versa 2 after swimming?
After swimming, rinse your Fitbit Versa 2 with fresh water to remove any chemicals or impurities. Also, make sure to dry it thoroughly before charging or wearing it again.