The Fitbit Charge 5 is a popular fitness tracker known for its advanced features and durability. One important aspect that many users consider is its water resistance capabilities.
Here, we’ll explore that Is the Fitbit Charge 5 Waterproof? and discuss its water resistance rating to help you make an informed decision about using it in water-related activities.
Is the Fitbit Charge 5 Waterproof?
Discover how the Fitbit Charge 5 holds up in wet environments and make an informed decision about its suitability for your water-related activities.
Water Resistance Ratings for Smartwatch
Let’s understand first, some of the most common water resistance ratings for smartwatches –
- 5 ATM – This is the most common water resistance rating for smartwatches. It means that the watch can withstand water pressure up to 50 meters. This is sufficient for swimming, showering, and washing your hands.
- 10 ATM – This water resistance rating is suitable for water sports such as surfing, snorkeling, and diving. Watches with this rating can withstand water pressure up to 100 meters.
- 20 ATM – This water resistance rating is designed for professional divers. Watches with this rating can withstand water pressure up to 200 meters.
- IP68 – The IP68 rating is one of the most common water resistance ratings used for smartwatches. It signifies that a smartwatch with this rating is dust-tight and can withstand continuous immersion in water beyond 1 meter (approximately 3.3 feet) for a specified duration.
Fitbit Charge 5 Water Resistance Features
Here are the water resistance features of Fitbit Charge 5 –
- The Fitbit Charge 5 has a water resistance rating of 5 ATM (atmospheres), which means it can withstand water pressure up to 50 meters. This makes it suitable for swimming, showering, and other water-related activities.
- The Charge 5 is designed to be swimproof, allowing you to wear it while swimming in pools, lakes, or the ocean. It can handle the splashes, water immersion, and movements associated with swimming.
- The Charge 5 is not only resistant to water splashes but also capable of withstanding immersion in water. This means you don’t have to worry about accidental water exposure or wearing it while engaging in water sports.
- With its water resistance capabilities, the Fitbit Charge 5 is safe to wear in the shower. You can track your activity and keep the device on your wrist without the need to remove it before showering.
Is the Fitbit Charge 5 Waterproof?
The Fitbit Charge 5 is specifically designed with water resistance features, making it suitable for swimming activities. With a water resistance rating of 5 ATM (atmospheres), the Charge 5 can withstand water pressure up to 50 meters, allowing you to confidently wear it while swimming in various environments. Whether you’re taking a dip in the pool, enjoying a swim at the beach, or engaging in water sports, the Charge 5 will continue to function and accurately track your activity.
Precautions for Using Fitbit Charge 5 in Water
When using the Fitbit Charge 5 in water, it’s important to keep a few precautions in mind to ensure its proper functionality and longevity –
- Water Resistance Limitations – While the Fitbit Charge 5 is water-resistant, it is not designed for deep-water activities such as scuba diving or high-pressure water sports. It is recommended to avoid activities that exceed its water resistance rating of 5 ATM (50 meters).
- Rinse after Saltwater or Chlorine Exposure – After swimming in saltwater or chlorinated pools, rinse the Charge 5 with freshwater and gently dry it with a soft cloth. This helps to remove any residue that could potentially cause damage or affect its performance.
- Secure the Band – Ensure that the band is securely fastened to your wrist to prevent any accidental loss or damage to the device while swimming. Regularly check the band’s condition for wear and tear, and replace it if necessary.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures – Exposure to extreme temperatures, such as hot tubs or saunas, can damage the internal components of the Fitbit Charge 5. It is advisable to remove the device before entering such environments.
- Clean and Maintain – Regularly clean the Fitbit Charge 5 using a mild soap-free cleanser and water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals that could damage the device. Additionally, keep the charging port and sensors free from debris or residue for accurate tracking.
Also Read: How to Change Time on Fitbit
This article is all about Is the Fitbit Charge 5 Waterproof. The Fitbit Charge 5 is water-resistant and can withstand water exposure up to a depth of 50 meters (5 ATM). While it is suitable for activities such as swimming, showering, and handwashing, it is not designed for deep-water or high-pressure water activities.
It is important to take precautions such as rinsing after saltwater or chlorine exposure, securing the band properly, avoiding extreme temperatures, and maintaining the device’s cleanliness.
I hope this article was helpful to you and if you still find any queries then you may ask in the comment box. For more information visit the Help and Support Page.
FAQ’s Is the Fitbit Charge 5 Waterproof
Is the Fitbit Charge 5 Waterproof for swimming?
The Fitbit Charge 5 is water-resistant up to 50 meters (5 ATM), making it suitable for swimming.
Can I wear the Fitbit Charge 5 while showering?
Yes, the Fitbit Charge 5 is designed to be water-resistant, allowing you to wear it while showering without any issues.
Can I wear the Fitbit Charge 5 in the pool or ocean?
Yes, the Fitbit Charge 5 is water-resistant and can be worn in the pool or ocean. However, it is important to rinse the device after exposure to saltwater or chlorine to prevent any potential damage.
Can I track my swimming activities with the Fitbit Charge 5?
Yes, the Fitbit Charge 5 offers swim tracking features that allow you to monitor your swimming sessions, including distance, duration, and calories burned.
Can I wear the Fitbit Charge 5 while participating in water sports?
While the Fitbit Charge 5 is water-resistant, it is not recommended for high-pressure water activities such as diving or snorkeling. It is best suited for surface-level water activities like swimming.
Is the heart rate monitor on the Fitbit Charge 5 affected by water?
The heart rate monitor on the Fitbit Charge 5 should still function properly while in water. However, it is important to ensure a secure fit on your wrist to maintain accurate readings.
How should I clean my Fitbit Charge 5 after water activities?
It is recommended to rinse the Fitbit Charge 5 with clean water and dry it thoroughly after exposure to water. This helps remove any residue or potential damage-causing substances.
Can I wear the Fitbit Charge 5 in hot tubs or saunas?
It is not recommended to wear the Fitbit Charge 5 in hot tubs or saunas, as high temperatures can affect its performance and potentially cause damage.
What should I do if my Fitbit Charge 5 gets water inside?
If water gets inside your Fitbit Charge 5, it is recommended to dry it thoroughly and contact Fitbit Support for assistance.
Does the water resistance of the Fitbit Charge 5 decrease over time?
The water resistance of the Fitbit Charge 5 should remain consistent over time, but it is always important to maintain proper care and follow the recommended guidelines for water use.